Successful fundraiser event at O. Henry Middle School

O. Henry Photojournalism class

Students pose around the balloon display at the entrance to Round-Up.

September 30, 2019 – A yearly event known as Round-Up was recently held at O. Henry. Round-Up is an important event because it’s also a fundraiser for the PTA. Parents, students, and teachers were all invited. There were many games, lots of food, and a dance.

First, students moved outside of the building and met with their parents. Then, they could start the afternoon by either getting food from the food carts or lining up for games. The games included the bungee jump, wrecking ball, raffles, hammer arcade, and a dunking booth. Students could even throw a pie at a teacher!

Willow L., a sixth grade student, said, “Since I’m very hungry and hot right now, I’m looking forward to the Chick-fil-A and the water ice.” There were many food options, including Chick-fil-A, Jim-Jim’s water ice, P. Terry’s, and sodas. Many people decided to get the food first, so they wouldn’t have to wait in line for too long.

The dance in the gym was also a popular attraction. Students danced and bounced as the DJ switched songs. It was loud because students were yelling and talking loudly, but everyone seemed to have a lot of fun. Alexa G., a sixth grade student said, “I like the dance a lot because there’s good music there and you can get your energies out.”

“I think the event brings the diverse O. Henry community together and gives everyone an opportunity to pitch in and support the school while having fun,” said Ms. Stockbauer, a 6th grade teacher.